The Basic Technician Mentoring Plan
1. Initial assessments will be made by interviewing technicians, shop owners, service writers, etc.
2. Training, both classroom and hands-on will be administered at your location.
3. Periodic web meetings will be conducted to reinforce topics already covered, discuss potential issues, answer questions and prepare for the next on-site visit.
4. Beyond the technical training aspect, shop issues will be addressed with both the technicians and shop owner with a considerate level of anonymity.
5. Shop owners will be encouraged to track some key indicators such as, but not limited to: technician hours, warranty cost, etc.
6. If we discover management areas that may require help, we will refer a business, service writer or marketing coach. Use of these coaches will be completely up to the discretion of the shop owner.
7. Technicians will be granted access to a forum that will allow them to ask technical questions, or share technical information, with a group of like-minded technicians from around the country. All of the participants in this forum are part of the technician mentoring program.